Introduction to the Condensate System
- Describe the general function of the condenser
- Define condensate
- Identify the location and purpose of the hotwell
- Explain the basic operation of the condensate hotwell pumps
- Describe the overall design and function of low-pressure heaters
- Discuss the purpose of the gland steam seal condenser and its relationship to the condensate system
- Describe the purpose of a maintaining air ejector and a hogger
- Describe the function of a deaerator
Industrial boilers need a pure source of water. Two systems supply the water: the condensate system and the feedwater system. The Introduction to the Condensate System training course covers the condensate system. This system provides the initial water supply to an industrial boiler.
This online training explains the purpose and operation of all major components in the condensate system. Topics include understanding the boiler water supply, major condensate system components, and deaerator design. This training also discusses the relationship between the condensate and feedwater systems.
Introduction to Condensate Systems is part of the Condensate and Feedwater Systems series.
- 55 Minutes