Introduction to Motor Controls
- Identify symbols used in control circuits and describe the functions they represent
- Describe input and output devices and identify where they are placed in the circuit
- Describe the function of a manual control circuit
- Explain the difference between a semiautomatic and an automatic circuit
- Describe the path of flow through a motor control circuit drawing
To understand AC motor control, troubleshoot motors, and ensure smooth operations, technicians must understand ladder diagrams and the logic that forms the motor control operation framework. The Introduction to Motor Controls training course introduces motor control circuits which carry energy from source to load.
This online training course explains how to draw a simple motor control circuit and describes relative motor logic. It introduces the fundamentals of control, breakers and contractors, and control input and output devices. This course is part of the Motor Control Centers training series.
- 45 Minutes