Introduction to Belt Drive Maintenance
- Define common belt drive terminology including:
- Belt pitch length
- Center distance
- Arc of contact
- Speed ratio
- Sheave, driven sheave, driver sheave, idler sheave, and sheave pitch diameter
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of belt drive systems
- Explain basic techniques for proper belt drive tensioning
- Describe some ways to alter a belt’s arc of contact
Belt drives are found in many power transmission applications in industrial facilities. The Introduction to Belt Drive Maintenance course introduces the terminology used when discussing belt drives.
This online course reviews the advantages and disadvantages of belt drives. It also explains belt tensioning and the arc of belt contact. Introduction to Belt Drive Maintenance is part of the Bearing Maintenance training series.
- 45 Minutes