Intro to Skid Steer Loaders
- Recognize the characteristics of a skid steer and how it is used.
- Identify the parts of a skid steer.
- Recognize best practices for the safe operation of a skid steer.
- Recognize common skid steer safety hazards and how to avoid them
You will learn the characteristics of a skid steer, the best practices for its safe operation, and how to recognize common skid steer safety hazards and how to avoid them. This course does not provide full operator training. It is designed to be used in conjunction with hands-on safety training provided by an employer and the equipment operator’s manual, not to replace them. The hands-on safety training should include a thorough practical evaluation where you demonstrate skill and competency.
- Intro to Skid Steer Loaders
- 29 CFR 1926 Subpart W - Rollover Protective Structures; Overhead Protection - 1926.1001 Safety and Health Regulations for Construction