- Identify the three primary methods of controlling hazards.
- Identify the hazards and protective measures involving mobile equipment.
- Identify the potential mechanical hazards at mine sites and how to minimize the risk.
- Identify the hazards involving electricity and how to minimize the risk.
- Identify hazards that may result in “struck by” incidents and how to minimize the risk.
- Identify unsafe ground conditions and how to minimize the risk.
- Identify slip, trip, and fall hazards and how to minimize the risk.
- Identify environmental hazards such as noise, dust, and blasting and how to minimize the risk.
- Recognize the importance of promptly reporting hazards.
Each mine employee will know how to identify common hazards found at mine sites and the protective measures used to minimize the risk.
- 45 Mins
- Recognizing Hazards
- Mobile Equipment Hazards
- Mechanical Hazards
- Electrical Hazards
- Struck-By Hazards
- Ground Conditions
- Slips, Trips, and Falls
- Environmental Hazards
- Reporting Hazards
- 30 CFR SUBCHAPTER H -- EDUCATION AND TRAINING, Part 46 - Sections 46.1 –46.12