Hand and Power Tool Safety Overview
- Identify the hazards associated with different types of hand and power tools.
- List some general steps that are necessary to prepare for safe hand and power tool use.
- Explain some general actions that are necessary to operate different types of hand and power tools safely.
This lesson provides an introduction to the hazards associated with hand and power tool use and describes the actions workers can take to reduce their risks of hand and power tool-related accidents and injuries. Completing this lesson does not on its own qualify or authorize a worker to operate a specific tool.
- 6 Minutes
- English, Spanish
- Hand and Power Tool Safety Overview
- 29 CFR 1910.241 to 1910.244
- 29 CFR 1926.300 to 1926.307
- Hand and Power Tools, Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Safety Tips to Follow When Using a Table Saw, Power Tool Expert