Elementary and Secondary Schools
Safety training, employee training, compliance solutions, and more for K-12 Elementary and Secondary Schools
K-12 schools need training solutions to help teachers, staff, and administrators stay safe, and provide the right learning environment for students.
HSI is a single-source partner for safety training, professional development training, OSHA compliance solutions, CPR and first aid training, health and safety solutions, and more. HSI provides integrated e-learning content, on-site training solutions, and cloud-based software designed to enable your school to improve safety, operations, and employee development. Contact HSI to find out about our K-12 discounts!Schedule a Demo
HSI works with more than 300 schools in the US
HSI brings training and educational solutions to all members of a school or school district, including the following most popular:
- OSHA 10/30 certification training for students interested in their career
- Staff and management development training including diversity, equity and inclusion
- Active shooter and first aid training
- Software solutions for tracking communicable diseases or auditing processes for safety compliance
HSI has been providing training solutions for more than 25 years, and is one of the most trusted brands in health and safety training.
OSHA 10/30 Hour training
HSI's OSHA 10 & 30 training allows students to get prepared for the workforce by earning their OSHA certification card, jump starting them into the career of their choice. School districts typically offer these courses in their high school CTE classes. Many school districts, including those in Texas, have these paid for via state and federal funding.
HSI is one of only a few providers authorized by OSHA, and our OSHA 10 & 30 courses are the most up-to-date on the market. Taken online, our courses allows students anywhere to become certified.Learn More
Safety Training - 100s of courses. On demand. From anywhere.
Over the last several years, school and organizations have rapidly shifted to online training. It’s safer, smarter, and more efficient. HSI supports every level of your school's workforce with online courses for safety, compliance, professional development, active shooter, emergency care, and more.Learn More
Professional development training - Employee and leadership training for all
With over 450 digestible, easy-to-follow leadership and employee development learning courses, HSI provides organizations and learners with numerous opportunities to build the skills needed to lead and manage others, strengthen individual performance, as well as increase business results.Learn More
School active shooter training — includes response techniques and emergency bleeding control skills
When violence occurs, seconds count, and you can't always wait for EMS to arrive. HSI’s Active Violence Emergency Response Training (AVERT) teaches your faculty and staff how to react in the event of a school shooter situation. The program includes blended training on:
- How to recognize warning signs of potential violence
- Effective responses in an active shooter situation
- Life-saving emergency bleeding control skills
Developed by law enforcement and healthcare experts, AVERT empowers people to become immediate responders—and potentially save lives—if active violence occurs.Learn More Watch Video
Nationally recognized CPR, AED, and first aid training for faculty and students
HSI CPR, AED, and first aid training programs are designed for individuals and organizations to obtain full certification and meet regulatory requirements.
Training is delivered to faculty and students using in-person, remote, or blended learning. HSI allows instructors to combine their expertise with engaging videos, skill guides, presentations, and hands-on practice for better retention.
HSI is a nationally approved and accredited training organization, and our CPR, AED, and first aid certification programs are backed by outstanding customer service and technical support.Learn More
Chemical SDS Management - Simplifying safety datasheet management
Binders are not great for managing critical chemical datasheets. Via HSI's Safety Data Sheet (SDS) Management system, you get everything you need, in one place, accessible for all staff when they need and wherever they are.
HSI gives environmental, health, and safety professionals, and other staff, the support, technology, and know-how to make informed decisions about the chemicals in their organization. Allow better, more timely access to the data within safety data sheets, and use automation to deliver the structured information you need to manage thousands of chemicals safely and sustainably.Learn More Watch Video
Safety Management System - Incident management, checklists, infectious disease tracking, visitor management
Schools have an immeasurable need to ensure safe environments. Unfortunately many any of these processes are still paper-based, making them ineffective and inefficient. Organizations that move away from paper, have great success and improved track records of safety. With HSI's safety management system, schools can implement cloud-based, mobile friendly solutions such as:
- Infection disease tracking: Log staff and student vaccinations and test results in a single place, even integrated with your HRIS system.
- Incident management: Keep track of near misses and incidents, introduce automated workflows, reduce time lost by staff, and capture an audit trail.
- Checklists: Ensure processes are completed as needed every time. Checklists can be completed 100% online in minutes, and a record is stored for future reference.
- Visitor management: Provide an easy, digital way to log and track visitors to your school -- parents or contractors. This online system is safer and more secure.
- Asset management: Enable a complete register of key assets within an organization from vehicles, PPE, computer equipment, and more. Monitor conditions and scheduling of inspections and maintenance from visual dashboards.
Training and emergency supplies – AEDs, bleeding control kits, CPR manikins, and more
HSI has everything you need to improve safety at your school and provide a comprehensive, hands-on training experience. We ship training and emergency supplies such as AEDs, CPR manikins, bleeding control kits, first aid sets, and other accessories anywhere in the country.Learn More