Compressed Air System Components
- Describe the purpose and design of an intercooler on a multi-stage air compressor
- Describe the purpose and design of an aftercooler
- Identify the three basic components of air purifiers
- Compare the action of a refrigerant dryer unit to a desiccant dryer unit
- Explain how ultrasonic analyzers and vibration analyzers can be used to diagnose problems in compressed air systems
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe the basic components that make up a typical compressed air system. In addition, you will be able to explain some basic trouble shooting techniques used to detect problems in compressed air systems.
- 50 Minutes