Combined Cycle Power Plants
- Explain the thermal cycles of a combined cycle plant
- List advantages of a combustion turbine–water/steam combined cycle system
- Compare combined cycle plant efficiencies with the efficiencies of simple cycle plants
- Describe the way that simple cycle efficiencies can be increased
- Define cogeneration and IGCC
- Describe the effects of combustion air cooling and supplemental HRSG firing
- Explain the differences between single shaft and multi-shaft combined cycle configurations
- Describe the use of single pressure and multi-pressure steam cycle designs
The Combined Cycle Power Plants training course introduces the basics behind operating a combined cycle power plant. This online course describes the thermal cycles of a combined cycle power plant. It also defines common terminology and lists the advantages and disadvantages of different plant configurations.
The Combined Cycle Power Plants training covers plant operations, design parameters, and configurations. This course is part of the Combined Cycle Power Plant Operations series.
- 60 Minutes