Boiler Fuel System Function
- Explain the function of the boiler fuel system
- Describe various types of coal used in the fuel system
- Identify the conveyer, tripper, silo components, and the path of a boiler feeder system
- Describe a gravimetric feeder, its components, and its path
- Describe coal pulverizer components and path
- Explain the function of cyclone burner ports
- Identify and explain the tangentially fired boiler
The boiler fuel system supplies heat for the boiler to burn. Once fuel is delivered to the boiler, the energy it contains is harnessed to produce electricity. The boiler fuel system consists of many components that must coordinate their operations to ensure the power generating unit operates safely and effectively.
Each generating unit is slightly different, but the basic components are consistent throughout the industry. The Boiler Fuel System Function training course introduces the fuel system components. it describes the boiler fuel system functions and differences between types of systems.
This course covers:
- Boiler fuel system function
- Coals used in boiler fuel systems
- Conveyor, tripper, and silo components
- Gravimetric feeder components and pulverizer
- Cyclone burner port
- Corner fired boiler systems
Boiler Fuel System Function is part of the Boiler Fuel Systems training series.
- 55 Minutes