Atomic Structure and Chemical Bonding
- Define the terms nucleus, proton, electron, and neutron
- Describe the makeup of electron shells
- Outline Dalton’s Atomic Theory
- Discuss the chemical makeup of molecules and compounds and explain how they differ from mixtures
- Describe how an ionic bond is formed
- Describe how a covalent bond is formed
- Explain the Octet Rule
This chemistry lesson examines an atom's structure. It also explains how atoms combine in different chemical bonds to form molecules, compounds, and mixtures.
The Atomic Structure and Chemical Bonding training course describes an atom's various components and discusses atomic theory. It also explores how chemical bonds are formed and describes the two most common types of chemical bonding.
This online training course is part of the Industrial Sciences training series.
- 60 Minutes