- List the components of a generator
- Describe a rotating field generator
- Identify the purpose of an exciter
- Explain the process of electromagnetic induction
- Describe the sine wave that is formed when a conductor is rotated through a magnetic field
- Identify the difference between a single-phase voltage sine wave and a three-phase voltage sine wave
- Explain the relationship between frequency and speed in an AC generator
- Explain how to increase voltage produced by a conductor
AC generators produce electricity that provides heat, light, conveniences, and the power to do work. AC Generators online training explains how an AC generator produces an AC voltage.
This online training course discusses generator components, electromagnetic induction, three-phase generators, and frequency and voltage control. This course is part of the Industrial Motors series.
- 55 Minutes